Do you know that almost half of the population of the world is now found active on social networking sites? Today’s social media platform is not only a way for friends and family to stay in touch with one another but now it is also the place where people view recent news. This is also the place where clients look for recommendations and also for healthcare providers. This makes social media a platform that healthcare should use to connect.
Social media helps you to stay engaged with old and new patients and promote better relationships between doctors and patients. According to experts of a reputed SEO company in London,social media is a great way to increase patient satisfaction and improve the reputation of a healthcare brand.
Benefits of social media and healthcare marketing
Before we look at healthcare marketing ideas for the latest strategy, let us take a look at the benefits that a great campaign can offer.
The major benefit of social media healthcare marketing is that it enables doctors and medical experts to connect with their patients in real-time. The more you can communicate with clients, the easier it will be for you to build good relationships with them.
Healthcare marketing also provides the following benefits:
- Educate the patients – Both content marketing and social media enables physicians to share important information with their patients. This will help in supporting preventative measures and makes it easier for clients to understand the type of medical care they are having.
- Assistingin joint efforts – With different social media sites like LinkedIn, healthcare experts can work together with industry peers to broaden their knowledge and expand their skills. Networking also improves the chances of getting more referrals from other doctors and surgeons.
- Increasing brand awareness – Today, every brand that wants to obtain the maximum possible share of clients, has to beactive online. By practicing proper healthcare marketing, you will be able to reach out to your targeted audience.
Six healthcare marketing tips you need to get started.
- Make wellness more fun-filled – Health is definitely a serious topic and by having some fun with your healthcare marketing campaigns, you can actually allay their fear of treatment. You need to encourage patients to take an active part in a wellness program so that they can improve their quality of life and recognise your brand, online. By creating a branded hashtag like #MyHospital, you can actually encourage patients to recommend your practice.
- Turnviral with community values – Social media is about building good relationships with everyone. Every minute, of every day more than 120 new LinkedIn accounts are being created, there are 900,000 Facebook logins and 452,000 tweets are sent. Professionals of an SEO company for healthcare marketing says, the key to successful healthcare marketing is to find out how you can engage the community in a way that will be positive for your brand image.
Viral marketing is a buzzword used for referring to campaigns that grab the attention of a wider audience, fast. Healthcare companies take the most advantage of viral marketing since they focus on a specific topic that everyone cares about. All you have to do is find a way to reach out to a community that is ready to act.
- Be a source for useful information – One thing that can make ill health frightening is not understanding it. When people search for a doctor online, they are looking for someone who can help them with their health issues. In your healthcare marketing strategy tell clients that you are a reliable source of medical knowledge.
Patients now often search for a diagnosis online and so, it is important that you answer the queries of your followers. Use the social media page for sharing links to case studies and blogs that may help patients to get answers for their queries.
- Use infographics – Although it is extremely important to share important information about healthcare marketing campaigns with your followers medical terminologies should be explained. You do not want to blind them with science!
Your marketing campaigns should be interesting andrelevant. Make sure you create quality content for anaudience who are not familiar with the world of medicine.
Visuals are considered to be the easiest way to connect with your followers. Look for ways to make complicated information easy to understand.Keep in mind that simple and useful content will encourage your audience to share your posts with friends and that will help to improve your brand reach.
- Use employee advocates tobuildrelationships – The healthcare industry depends mainly on building good relationships. Since illness isalways a worry, patients want to be comfortable with their doctor. It is important to check branded pages before making any investment in healthcare marketing ideas.
Your doctors, nurses and administrative staff are the ones who interact with the patients daily. They are aware of the problems faced by your clients and they know how to remain engaged with these communities. Activating your staff with employee advocacy campaigns is a great way of bringing more compassion to healthcare practice.
You may ask advocates to link back to your webpage or post relevant videos by getting effective tips and tricks from the people in your team. You can post pictures of your team and encourage them to re-tweet shares to improve your healthcare marketing strategy.
- Empower patients to do marketing for you – Patient reviews are a great way to boost the popularity of your medical practice and online visibility. In fact, a good percentage of people search online for health related information before going to a doctor or hospital.
When creating content for employee advocates or encouraging them to share tweets, make sure you do not ignore your customer ambassadors. If you want to undertake hospital SEO marketing in London, sending surveys to patients after they have visited your practice or asking them to give feedback can help build your social identity.
Combining social media and healthcare
Relationships are definitely an important part of the healthcare marketing strategies. With the popularity of social media and online marketing, it is now easy to build connections with patients.
These tips and strategies will help medical experts identify new ways to reach out and to help their practice flourish. Keep track of marketing campaigns before implementing them. According to DubSEO experts, the more you can learn about the type of content that your audience will respond to, the easier it will be for you to create online strategy that succeeds.