When you are just getting started with digital marketing, it can be exciting, confusing, and frustrating but also a lot of fun. Experts from the reputed SEO agency, DubSEO, have analysed mistakes from the past 9 months that many of our clients have been experiencing.
There isn’t just one thing that can break your social media potential, however, we have discovered that there is something that needs to be fixed right away.
Before we get into the biggest digital marketing mistake you can make, we would like to point out a few little ones that can also be damaging to your potential online.
Here are a few:
- Failing to set goals over a time period
- Rushing to launch
- Not being patient enough.
- Not doing research on your industry
- Being on active on the wrong social media platforms
- Not being consistent.
These are a few simple things that you need to make sure you have spot on because if they accumulate, it can be a recipe for a disaster and your digital marketing campaign will be fail and you are only going to waste your resources.
Now, let’s get into the biggest mistake businesses make. The mistake that costs resources and is also incredibly valuable when it comes to understanding your customers in the long-term as well as knowing where to go next when you decide to scale your business.
The mistake: Not analysing your data
Numbers are everything in this social media marketing “game”. Our digital marketing experts warn that if you are not analysing every bit of data that comes through your social media pages, you are going to suffer because simply, you will not know how your business is doing on the back end because likes and comments is simply not enough and more in-depth analysis is required.
Here are a few statistics that you need to really keep track of:
- Which posts drive the most results (likes, comments, website visits, even conversions).
- Which social networks bring in the most traffic to your website & how does the traffic from each react on your website.
- Analysing content month by month and making comparisons. This will help you determine what works and what doesn’t after a few months as you will notice a trend if you put the results on a graph.
These pointers will help you understand your customer’s journey much better and that will help you fix any minor issues that result in your customers rebounding from your website.
At DubSEO, we have digital marketing experts that are able to help you with every step of your digital marketing campaign so that you can focus on what is important while we keep an eye out on your social media and SEO. If you need assistance, please get in touch today at firstname.lastname@example.org